C.G Tuner II/Cambridge University Press Poster Competition
Every year, the Dental Anthropology Association aims to support student research. This competition is designed to recognize outstanding student posters in the realm of dental anthropology.
Eligibility: Any graduate student who is a senior author on a poster that focuses on a dental anthropological theme. Topics include human and primate anatomy/development, paleoanthropology, diet/health, bioarchaeology, human and primate evolution, human and primate morphology/metrics, or any field that draws upon dental data.
- Emma Lagan (prizewinner), with co-authors D.E. Ehrlich, S.S. Pesce, "Dentine Without Borders: An Improved Dental Macrowear Scoring Method with Cross-Cultural Adaptation"
- Jessica Droke (prizewinner), with co-authors C.W. Schmidt, F. L'Engle-Williams, W.M. Karriger, F.H. Smith, G. Becam, M. de Lumley: "Regional Variability in Diet Between Northern and Mediterranean Neandertals: Evidence from Dental Microwear Texture Analysis"
- Keegan Selig (prizewinner), with co-authors S. Lopez-Torres, A. Hartstone-Rose, A.M. Burrows, and M.T. Silcox: "Differential Enamel Thickness n the Anterior Dentition as a Signal for Gouging Behavior"
- Katie Faillace: The applicability of dental wear in age estimation for a modern American population.
- Rebecca Whiting: Differences in the non-masticatory dental wear of two medieval assemblages from the 4th cataract, Sudan.
- Donovan Adams: Sex estimation from dental crown and cervical metrics in a contemporary Japanese sample.